Welcome to the WMS Library Blog!

Welcome!

Reading is a favorite past time of mine and many of you.  This purpose of this blog is to share book reviews so that we can all find our next best read.  I want our WMS Media Center to be a book haven so I need to know what my readers and patrons like so I can have these titles available.

I will start by sharing what I am currently reading.  I recently coached the Helen Ruffin Reading Bowl and read some of the books aloud to students. Even though the bowl is over, I am still reading some of the titles for pleasure.  Rain, Reign by Ann Martin is the book I am reading right now. It’s a book about Rose Howard, a fifth grader that has Asperger’s Syndrome and has an obsession with homonyms. Rose is determined to be a rule follower and this determination sustains her while she searches for the owner of her adopted dog, Rain, given to her by her father.

Ann Martin does an excellent job of making me, the reader, truly feel Rose’s frustrations and challenges.  I am half way finished with the book but already know I would recommend it to our students.  We have students in our school with Asperger’s and this book will enable readers to better understand the syndrome and the challenges these students face.

Please visit the WMS media center to check out this title! Also, if you have read this book, please post your review.

Happy Reading!