Come by and see Mrs. Long in the College & Career Resource Center (room 6.204). The CRC offers a variety of different services to all grade level students. See what the CRC can offer you and scroll this page to find out more info on: upcoming colleges visiting WBHS, resources and relevant websites, Move On When Ready (MOWR) program info and more! Check the “Financial Aid – Scholarships” drop down tab for good information on available scholarships and other financial aid information.
- Work Permit (ages 15 and UNDER)
- Un-official Transcript (includes GPA and Class Rank)
- Official Transcript (sealed envelope)
- Converting my GPA to a 4.0 scale (includes unofficial transcript)
- Local Scholarship Information – Please see “Financial Aid-Scholarships” in the drop down menu from the “College & Career” tab
- MOWR (Move On When Ready – Dual Enrollment)
- Testing Information:
- Accuplacer (formerly the COMPASS exam)
- ACT/SAT Fee Waivers (students must qualify for free/reduced lunch)
- Sending transcripts to:
- colleges IN state
- colleges OUT of state
- NCAA and NAIA
- Research colleges and careers (GAfutures.org)
Check back next school year
Move On When Ready
*Move On When Ready is a dual enrollment program for students in grades 9-12 who qualify to participate. Students may enroll on a part-time or full-time basis as a MOWR student and take college courses. Students will receive high school and college credit simultaneously when attending and passing approved college classes. **MOWR replaces Accel, HOPE Grant for dual enrollment and the previous Move On When Ready program. The new MOWR program now covers tuition, mandatory fees and required textbooks.
There are several benefits for students who participate in Move On When Ready.
- Introduces students to college-level coursework.
- Earning college credits while still in high school may enable students to graduate early and/or possibly even earn an associate degree, diploma or certificate.
- Helps students adjust to certain aspects of the college experience (e.g., classes, coursework, instruction, being on a college campus) so the transition from high school to college may be easier.
- Students who participate in a dual enrollment program are more likely to go to college and get a college degree.
- Students may be able to take classes that are not offered at their high school, especially in subject areas they are interested in for a potential career.
- Participating in a dual enrollment program demonstrates a student’s ability to handle more difficult coursework which is something college admissions officers may look upon favorably during admissions and recruiting.
- Taking college-level classes while still in high school may build confidence and encourage those students who may not be thinking about college to reconsider.
* Info pulled directly from http://www.gadoe.org/Curriculum-Instruction-and-Assessment/CTAE/Pages/Transition-Career-Partnerships.aspx on 9/26/16 and ** from http://www.barrow.k12.ga.us/move-on-when-ready.html on 9/26/16
Here is the link to more information from the GA DOE site: http://www.gadoe.org/Curriculum-Instruction-and-Assessment/CTAE/Pages/Transition-Career-Partnerships.aspx
Here is the link to more information from the GAfutures site: https://www.gafutures.org/hope-state-aid-programs/state-scholarships-and-grants/move-on-when-ready/
Also, through GAfutures find the approved courses at the school you are interested in by visiting this link: https://apps.gsfc.org/SecureNextGen/dsp_accel_course_listings.cfm
Please see the attached document for details on the MOWR process here in Barrow County.
Check out this link to ATC’s MOWR information: http://www.athenstech.edu/studentAffairs/admissions/highSchoolRelations/index.cfm
Check out this link to GGC’s MOWR information: http://www.ggc.edu/admissions/admissions-requirements/move-on-when-ready/
Check out this link to GTC’s MOWR information: http://www.gwinnetttech.edu/enrollment/move-on-when-ready/
Check out this link to LTC’s MOWR information: COMING SOON
Check out this link to UNG’s MOWR information: http://ung.edu/academic-advising/dual-enrollment.php
Career & Employment Planning
GA Department of Labor
Resource for Career Exploration
Career, College & Military Planning
Career Interest Tests ($)
Harvard, Princeton, UVA, Wellesley & Yale Information Session in Atlanta Harvard, Princeton, the University of Virginia, Wellesley, and Yale would like to spend some time with you in your own backyard. You may know the names, but find out more at their evening programs this fall. Admissions representatives from Harvard, Princeton, UVA, Wellesley, and Yale will discuss academic […]
This year the Athens Area PROBE Fair will be held on September 6, 2017 at the Classic Center from 6:00 to 8:00 pm. We are anticipating admissions representatives from over 100 colleges and universities from across the U.S. to be in attendance this year. This will afford students and parents in the Northeast Georgia area […]
The Dawgs for Diabetes group is once again reaching out to you to let you know about an event that may be particularly important for a specific group of students – students with type 1 diabetes. Dawgs for Diabetes Awareness at UGA is a student organization for students with or affected by type 1 diabetes. […]
U.S. Congressman Jody Hice Announces Service Academy Day for 10th District Students If you’re interested please click on the link for the flyer below. 10th District Academy Day Flyer
There are new requirements for students looking to apply to the University of Georgia this year. It will affect Early and Regular Decision students. As you can see in the video, here are the changes: Two ways to apply: UGA’s website – apply.uga.edu Coalition Application – coalitionforcollegeaccess.org Early Action and Regular Decision requirements for applicants. […]
National Cyber Warrior Academy A GenCyber Summer Camp Are you thrilled by computer science and operating in cyberspace? Are you considering a career in cyber operations or security? If so, get ready for an intense and exciting ten days of learning from highly qualified Ph.D. University of North Georgia instructors! The National Cyber Warrior Academy […]