What is Holiday Connection?
Holiday Connection is a volunteer-based, countywide partnership between schools, churches, DFACS, and aid organizations in Barrow County. We work with other agencies to ensure we are helping the most children we can, identifying children and families who might otherwise slip through the cracks, and to keep duplication of services to a minimum.
How Holiday Connection works:
· Families assisted by Holiday Connection go through an application process to qualify.
· Applications are reviewed by a committee based on standard criteria and are rated based on need.
· Partnering with the community, many of our applicants are “adopted” out to sponsor families, churches and organizations who will provide their Christmas.
· Any families that we cannot find a sponsor for are invited to “shop” the Holiday Connection store. The store is stocked with toys that are donated or purchased with donated funds.
· This allows the families to have Christmas with dignity – choosing the toys that are appropriate for their children.
Holiday Connection is a Barrow County Family Connection program serving Barrow County families since 1999. All donations are tax deductible.
Holiday Connection needs your help.
Can you imagine what it would be like to have your children wake up on Christmas morning and not have any gifts under the tree?
That is the dilemma that many children faced last year in Barrow County. Thanks to generous donations from community members like yourself, those children were able to open gifts on Christmas morning!
We need your help. Last year we raised $12,000 to supplement toy donations. We hope to help more families this year than ever. Our goal is to raise $15,000 towards making Barrow County children’s holidays special this year. We need to rally together, as a community, to achieve our ultimate goal: to ensure that all families in need of assistance receive help during the holiday season. Eligible families who apply are invited to “shop” the Holiday Connection Store in December. The store gives families a way to provide gifts for their family with dignity by choosing the gifts that are the right fit for their family.ers like yourself, those children were able to open gifts on Christmas morning!
You can help be an “ELF” for a child by either a monetary donation, volunteering, or donating a new, unwrapped toy for ages 0-18. Volunteers are needed to gather and sort toys for the store.
We appreciate your consideration and dedication to making every child’s holiday season a little brighter.
If you have questions concerning Holiday Connection please contact 770-530-0687.
Each year we have a shortage of teenage gifts
Journals or sketch pads
Toiletries – perfume or cologne
Jewelry or jewelry organizer
Make-up or shaving kits
DVD or movie pass
Hobby equipment (fishing, scrapbooking, etc)
Purse or wallet
Gift Cards are always a hit!