Georgia College would like to invite students to attend the Minority Youth and Business Program from June 12-June 18, 2016.
MYB is a free, one-week summer residential program that gives minority high school students the opportunity to:
- Foster their knowledge of the free enterprise system by creating innovative business plans in collaboration with other students from surrounding area high schools.
- Sharpen their public speaking skills as they compete against other student teams in a Business Plan Presentation competition before a panel of expert judges.
- Attend workshops instructed by Georgia College faculty, staff and student volunteers on how to start, market, manage, and finance their own business.
- Learn about the college admission process, career development, healthy living, and how to define and set goals.
- Spend a day shadowing local business leaders at their establishments to gain first hand insight about business operations.
- Polish etiquette skills by a attending a formal business dinner.
- Network with college students to develop mentorship relationships.
- Live in the campus residence halls, eat in the dining facilities, and get a sneak peek at the college experience
Students will also be provided information on the United Negro College Fund/Koch Scholars program. This partnership will provide nearly 3,000 merit-based awards to African American students across the country interested in the study of how entrepreneurship, economics and innovation contribute to the well-being of individuals, communities, and society in pursuit of their college education. For more information see www.uncf.org/kochscholars.
Rising juniors and seniors who are in good academic standing and have a desire to attend college, and pursue careers in business or become entrepreneurs are encouraged to participate in this wonderful opportunity.
They can apply by submitting the following:
1) MYB Application download application
2) Most Recent Transcript (must have a 2.5 cumulative GPA…3.0 or higher is preferred)
3) Counselor Letter of Recommendation
4) Teacher Letter of Recommendation
The deadline to submit the above information is Friday, April 15, 2016.
Please submit all information to:
The Office of Institutional Equity & Diversity
Attn: Crystal Little/MYB
231 West Hancock Street MSU 131, CBX 04
Milledgeville, GA 31061