Welcome to the 2019-20 from the WBHS Counseling Department!
Check out our recent Dogg Byte under the “Resources” tab
Registration staff training was overtaken with a Super Mario theme this year!
All teachers made it to Level 4!
2019 WBHS Staff Halloween Contest
Out of the Darkness Barrow – Counseling Dept. Team
Wild Socks theme for unity
Fall GA BRIDGE Law Lessons
Mentor interest meeting with AKD
The celebration will be Oct. 18!
Aug 12-Sept 4 Counselors have talked to each grade-level on important advisement info to be successful this school year.
Underclassmen Info Sessions con’t
WB Seniors and Juniors will need to register via the link in the recent post below!
The heavily attended Senior Info Night allowed parents to hear about important topics you can find under the “Students” tab.
Rev. Cloar was a guest speaker at Senior Info Night to help promote the Out of the Darkness event for September.
You can also visit our resources section of the counseling website.
Here are the Open House time frames for the district.
Newly registered? Make an appointment for July.
Winder-Barrow’s Apply to College Week – Nov 18-22
WBHS seniors click the link above to read the post about the upcoming ATCW activities and how to sign-up to participate. You must sign-up for each one that has a required sign-up.
- Hugh O’Brian Youth Leadership (HOBY) allows sophomores to realize their leadership talents and apply them in becoming effective, ethical outlets in their home, school, workplace and community.
- Students will attend 3 or 4 day seminars on a college campus and participate in hands-on leadership activities, meet leaders in their state, and explore their own community.
- Sophomores who are interested in community service, innovative ideas, and collaborative work with others are encouraged to apply!
- Deadline: November 21, 2019
- Jackson EMC will send four student delegates on an all-expenses paid leadership and team-building experience to Washington, D.C., June 18-25, 2020, where they will join approximately 1,700 other delegates for the Washington Youth Tour.
- Students should be successful in academics, engaged in extra-curricular activities and/or community service and have demonstrated leadership potential. Students are evaluated on short-answer and essay questions, as well as letters of recommendation.
- Open to sophomores and juniors.
- Deadline: TBD
AP Exam registration will open Thursday, August 15, 2019.
Students will first claim their exam through their College Board account at www.myap.collegeboard.org. On the course landing page, select “Register for Exam,” and then “Confirm Registration.” The deadline for fall and year-long classes is October 25; the deadline for spring classes is February 21.
Students can sign up at HTTPS://USER.TOTALREGISTRATION.NET/AP/113275 The deadline for students in fall-only or year-long classes to register to take an AP exam is November 8, 2019. The deadline for spring-only classes is March 6, 2020.
Please see the most recent post for more detailed information and instructions.
Need a Counselor Letter of Recommendation?
Students who need a recommendation from your counselor please complete the new online student brag sheet. Also, you will need two teachers to complete the teacher evaluation form on your behalf.
Ask Mr. C – bit.ly/askcostello
Unleash your curiosity, or get that vital info you request by asking your school appropriate question to Mr. C.
Who's On Campus?
Check back soon!