Posts by Ashton Wages:
I (Mrs. Wages) am officially back this week from maternity leave! I am so happy to see that Ms. Vaughters took care of everything superbly while I was gone with my little girl, and she left me some notes of where to start.
This week, we will have different homework. I will leave a post about the homework on the homework page. I want to do some getting to know you activities with the students as I’m getting back into the swing of things.
I look forward to meeting all parents soon and I can’t wait to see the progress that your children have made since the beginning of the year. We have a lot to do and I can’t wait to get started!
I hope you all have a great week! If you need to get in touch with me, the best way is via email: email@example.com
Have a great Sunday night!
Hello! We have had a great first few days in Mrs. Wages’ classroom! We are getting into our routine and getting to know each other. We shared our Brag Bags Friday afternoon and the students were so excited to share!
Just a few reminders:
- My email is now set up. Until Mrs. Wages returns, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I will also periodically check Mrs. Wages’ email to make sure I am not missing anything.
- I am still missing some forms from several students. Please check the packets you picked up at Open House or the first day of school and make sure you have filled out ALL forms.
- Homework will begin today. Your child will be coming home with their homework folder. Homework will be sent home for the week every Monday. I will do a daily homework check to make sure it is being completed.
- Each day, your child will record what color they ended the day on the Pride Stick. Please initial this each night in order for your child to earn points.
- Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns!
I have provided a link to the homework for this week. I will check for completed homework every day.
Homework this week is a “getting to know you” activity as well as returning the beginning of school year forms!
Please read the instructions on the paper bag that was sent home during open house or the first day of school and insert something special that you can share with the class so we can get to know each other better! I cannot wait to see what is inside of your brag bags!
Please try to have all forms filled out and returned to class by Friday, August 4, 2017! Thanks in advance for getting those forms turned in!
Have a great week!
I cannot believe that it is yet again time to start another new school year! I am absolutely thrilled to begin this third grade journey with you! Just for some important information to start the school year off on the right foot!
- Open house will be Friday, July 28, 2017 from 8-10 am! I can’t wait to meet some of you!
- The first day of school will be Wednesday, August 2, 2017!
- First Academic Parent Teacher Team Meeting will be on Tuesday, August 29, 2017 at 6 pm!
Here is our school supply list:
Third Grade – no trapper keeper – no mechanical pencils
- Personal Supplies:
- #2 Pencils (stock throughout the year)
- Markers Colored Pencils Pencils (stock through the year)
- (2) Pocket Folders
- Wide Ruled Loose Leaf Paper (stock through the year)
- (7) Composition Books
- (12) Glue Sticks
- (1) Bottle Glue
- (24) Crayons Scissors Pencil Box
- (1) Headphones/Earbuds
- Book bag (no wheels)
- (1) Tip Erasers
- (4) Expo Markers (For student use)
- Community Supplies
- (1) Gallon Ziploc Bags
- (1) Sandwich Ziploc Bags
- Box of Tissues
- Class Wish List (optional supplies if you are able)
- Any extra school supplies to donate to classmates
- copy paper
- treats for treat box
- baby wipes
- clorox wipes
- hand sanitizer
- lysol spray
If you have any questions or concerns about the upcoming school year, please email me at email@example.com
Have a great rest of your summer and see you on Friday for open house and on August 2nd for the first day of school!
This week we will have NO homework! All I ask is that you study and get rest for the Milestones testing! MyOn, Reflex, and Moby Max are still available to use for study tools! Also, don’t forget the Milestones Resources I emailed out!
Have a great week!
Today I am going to talk about the Milestone test that is going to be taking place this week. On Monday April 3rd 2017 we will be doing ELA Section 1. We will be starting around 9:14am -10:44am. Then on Tuesday April 4th 2017 we will be doing ELA Section 2. It will be taking place around the same time. Next on Wednesday April 5th 2017 we will be doing the last section of ELA which is ELA Section 3 which will also be taking place at the same time as Monday and Tuesday. Also on Thursday april 6th 2017 we will be having our first section of Math which would be known as Math Section 1. Finally Friday April 7th ( our last day doing the Milestone Test) we will be doing our last section which is known as Math Section 2. But sadly fifth grade will still be taking the Milestone test on the next Monday and Tuesday because fifth grade does science and social studies (S.S.) and we do not. Third grade has to pass reading to go on to the next grade which is fourth. We may not have our device out anywhere not our desks, book bags,or pockets. Our teacher will have to put them in the cabinet because having your device out is known as cheating. You will have to follow all of the directions or instructions that your test says. If you come in late you will not be allowed to come into your classroom you will have to stay in the office and you will be pulled for afternoon testing. If you miss a day of school you will have to do a retake on the last week of school.You must be as quiet as you can be because if you are done and another person is not and you start to make noise and thay may start to mess up on there test and will have to retake it. So try to be as quiet as possible.
As you know, Milestone testing is this week and in order to make reviewing a little more fun, we did a math challenge last week to Unlock Spring!
The students had to follow the game board and complete each math task. Once they completed the math task with 100% accuracy, they got to move on to the next challenge! At the end, there was a Pot of Gold challenge which was a Milestones constructed response question about fractions. These challenge covered just about everything we have done since August and was a fun way to review! Once all challenges were complete, each child got a special Spring themed prize! I do encourage each child to bring their completed work home with them to help study for the test on Thursday and Friday!
Take a look at our kiddos in action!