About Your Teachers

Meet Your Teachers:

We want to assure you that we will do our best to make this transition into school as easy as possible for you and for your child.  Below is the philosophy that we follow as we teach your child:

• We believe that all children have an ability to learn.
  • We believe a child’s self-esteem should be nurtured tenderly.
  • We believe modeling is the most powerful way to affect learning and behavior.
  • We want your child to enjoy the learning process, and develop a motivation for learning.  

We hope that by the end of the year, you will be able to say that your child’s first year of school was joyful, exciting, and filled with learning and fun!

About Ms. Torie 

13407176_10153456255301568_9095476563059984770_nHi! my name is Torie Ponder and this will be my second year at County Line Elementary.  I graduated from the University of Georgia in 2011 with a Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education and graduated in August with my Master’s Degree in Elementary Language and Literacy.  I chose to be a teacher because of my love for children and my desire to make a difference in each and every one of my students’ lives.  My hobbies include reading, dancing, traveling, playing with my dogs, and spending time with my family. I am very excited to be your child’s teacher this year, and cannot wait to begin the school year!

These are a few of my favorite things:

Store- Target                          Subject to teach-Math 

Color-yellow                             Candy- Anything Chocolate or Sour 

Dessert-Brownies                    Drink-Diet Coke or Diet Dr. Pepper

About Ms. Lisa

Hi!  My name is Lisa Williams.  I will be another teacher in your child’s class this year.  I have worked for the Barrow County School System for 21 years.  During those 21years, my time was spent in Kindergarten and Pre-K.  I have been married to my husband, Chuck, for 31 years.  We have 2 sons, Cale, 28, and Chad, 26.  We have lived in Barrow County for 31 years where we have raised our children.  I am so excited to be a part of your child’s life during this school year!

These are some of my favorite things:

Store- Walmart               Subject to teach- Reading

Color- Red                        Candy- Anything Chocolate 

Dessert- Dounuts             Drink- Coffee