Social Studies Resources

Turn of the Century

***Review Questions! Please click here to view the review questions for the quiz on Friday, 9/14.

Cattle Trails – After you have cut and glued in the flaps, take notes from this PowerPoint to put in your SS notebook.

• Visit this website to play Cattle Drive games! Test your cowboy knowledge, learn to pack a chuckwagon, cross a river, and lead your own cattle drive!

Native Americans v. Westward Expansion – Look at this PowerPoint to ensure that you took down the correct notes.

Inventors and Inventions – After you have cut and glued in the flaps, take notes from this PowerPoint to put in your SS notebook.

Immigrants– After you have cut and glued in the ships, take notes from this PowerPoint to put in your SS notebook. Make sure to write information from the first slide above the ships.

Expanding America’s Influence – After you have cut and glued in the flaps, take notes from this PowerPoint to put in your SS notebook.

World War I

World War I Virtual Tours– Click on the link to find some games about World War I. These will help you have a better understanding of what was happening in the world and to experience the soldiers’ points of view.

World War I for Kids– Explore this website to answer any questions about World War I.

Alliances of World War I– Look at this PowerPoint to review the alliances at the beginning of WWI.

WWI Part I- Study Guide – Use you notes and/or the Ducksters website to complete your study guide.

WWI Part 2- Study Guide– Use your notes and/or the Ducksters website to complete your study guide.

The End of World War I– These are several terms you need to know for your quiz over World War I: Part 2.

Roaring ’20s

Harlem Renaissance– Look at this site to help you with your graphic organizer.

Roaring ’20s- What do you need to know?- Use this list to create your own study guide. Use your graphic organizers to help!