Your vocabulary words are listed below. The quiz will be on Friday, August 17th. Don’t forget to practice your flashcards!
***You can create online flashcards at https://www.cram.com
– Go to the website and click “Create” on the right.
– Type in the word and definition. You can even copy and paste from here!
- glance– a quick or hurried look – I glanced at the secretary one last time.- Jessica
- observer– a person who notices and studies his/her surroundings- I’m a good observer; I notice things.- Anna
- multitasking-doing more than one thing at once- A red-haired woman who proved to be exceptional at multitasking greeted us.- Jessica
- concoction– a mixture of various ingredients- Mr. T let us feed our plants any concoction we wanted.- Peter
- advantage– to put in a better position- Danielle lives on a farm, so she had a big advantage.- Peter
- manipulate– to control or influence a person or situation- Mr. Terupt told us to manipulate the plant’s nourishment.- Luke
- ostracize– to leave someone out- My mom was ostracized once; nobody wanted to be friends with her.- Anna
- hesitation– the action of waiting- I think he saw my hesitation. – Anna
- shunned– to keep away from something or someone because of dislike- Even her own parents shunned– Anna
- exceptional– unusually good; outstanding- A red-haired woman who proved to be exceptional at multitasking greeted us.- Jessica