Would you choose to be lost at sea in a rubber raft with a flare gun or to be stuck on a deserted island? Why? Use evidence from your research to support your answer.
- Read the articles you were provided. Use a highlighter, if you’d like, to highlight important facts.
- You may record your information in a Google Doc on your computer. Make sure to record the name of the website, so you can use it in your writing! These are in green below.
- Make a T-chart in your ELA notebook in the Writing Journal section.
Lost at Sea Websites
How to Survive at Sea: http://adventure.howstuffworks.com/survive-at-sea1.htm
Ultimate Survival Guide: http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/11/sport/ultimate-survival-guide/index.html
Three Tips for Survival at Sea: http://www.boats.com/how-to/three-tips-for-survival-at-sea/#.WcETksh94dU
Lost at Sea Survival Tricks: http://www.popsci.com/article/technology/lost-sea-survive-these-tricks
Deserted Island Website
Wilderness Survival: http://www.wilderness-survival.net/danger-1.php
Survive Nature: http://www.survivenature.com/island.php
How to Survive a Desert Island: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/news/How-to-survive-on-a-desert-island/
Know, Prepare, Survive: https://knowpreparesurvive.com/survival/stranded-how-to-survive-on-a-deserted-island/
- Click on each video and fill in the three categories on your sheet: Background Knowledge (What do you already know?), Video Clues (what’s happening in the video clip), and Inference.
- Make sure each inference begins with either “I think…”, “I infer…”, or “Perhaps”.
- Punctuation and Capitalization will be graded! 🙂
Video 1: What inference can you make about Merida (the red-headed girl)? https://www.youtube.com/watch/?v=125IAf4IBmY
Video 2: What inference can you make about the man with blonde hair? https://www.youtube.com/watch/?v=a7arGFUT0uU
Video 3: What inference can you make about the kind of person Maui (the man) is? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79DijItQXMM
Picture 4: Look at the picture below. What can you infer about the lollipop?
The Civil War begins!
Take a virtual tour of Fort Sumter:
Look at this gallery of pictures from the first battle of the Civil War:
Answer these questions in your class’s Google Classroom.
Miller’s Code: hgvviuu
Cook’s Code: uj3rjs
Let’s discover more about America’s Civil War! Click on the link below to get to some fun games. These can only be played on laptops or desktops. They will not work on Smart phones. Tablets are questionable.
Love, Mrs. Miller
I am so glad to have you in my class! Please click here to get a preview of what we’ll be learning this year!
Welcome to BCSS WordPress Portal. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start blogging!