Scholastic Book Order

Did you see the first Scholastic Reading Club flyers of the year in today’s Wednesday folder? The flyers are full of good-fit books for your child.  I’m so excited that our class is participating this year.

Last year was my first year of participation in the reading club.  I admit that I wasn’t sure if it would be worth it.  I’m so glad I tried it though.  Not only is it a great way to get students interested in reading, but it also helps our class get FREE books!  Last year my class received around 50 free books for our classroom.  Additionally, I received discounts when I purchased books for the classroom.

Books added to our classroom library for FREE November 2013

Ordering is easy!  Each month, your child will bring home Reading Club flyers. Look over the flyer together and select the books you want to buy.  Then you can order in one of two easy ways. One way is to order online by going to scholastic.com/readingclub and entering the one-time class activation code: MCJ8L. The other way is to fill out the order form and send it with your payment to me (Ms. Masters). On the order due date, I will submit the order.  The orders ship quickly and soon the books will arrive in our classroom so we can celebrate the joy of reading!