An article in eSchool News today is focused on tips for Virtual Field Trips.  It has some really good points that translate well to the live streaming interactions that many of you ask me to set up for you here in Barrow.  We have had some really good ones lately, and I am happy to hear that some of you are comfortable enough with the resource that you are now setting up your own sessions without my help.  Way to go!  That is great!

I have highlighted the eSchool News Virtual Field Trip article in my twitter favorites. You can find it pretty quickly on the right side of the STEAM Blog home page.  If you would prefer a print version of the article…

One of the techniques in the article that looked very useful to me was the A-E-I-O-U strategy. I have adapted it slightly and created a document that students could use while they participate in a virtual field trip or live streaming session.  They could also complete it afterwards as a reflection tool.  A google docs version of that is available to you here, and a downloadable pdf version is available below.

If you are interested in incorporating Live Streaming Sessions or Virtual Field Trips into a future lesson or unit, please contact Lee Bane, BCSS STEAM Integration Coordinator. I would be more than happy to work with you to set something up.